Introducing The Anchored School, a peer to peer learner driven community that delivers a holistic, meaningful environment modeled after a personalized learning approach to education. Our innovative approach to learning is designed to break away from the traditional mechanisms and standardized curriculums found in today’s world of education. We focus on core academic skills through mastery of reading, writing, and math. Our socratic discussions hone critical thinking and speaking abilities which are utilized through hands on projects. We strongly believe that children master the skills to solve real world challenges through unrestrictive learning environments. Our program is designed to encourage children to value the power of a community which is centered on respect, collaboration and integrity.
At The Anchored School, we believe that every child is unique and deserves an education tailored to their individual strengths, interests, and learning styles. That’s why our project-based learning curriculum is centered around student-led exploration, collaboration, and problem-solving.
Through our approach, learners will engage in hands-on, real-world projects that promote critical thinking, creativity, and innovation. They will have the freedom to choose projects that excite them, and will work in groups to develop their skills in communication, leadership, and teamwork.
Our program is designed to be flexible, allowing students to work at their own pace in order to master skills needed as they continue their educational journey.We believe that learning should be engaging and enjoyable, and we strive to deliver life changing challenges and experiences that inspire children to take charge of their own learning.
At The Anchored School, we’re committed to providing children with a life long love of learning, discovery, respect and confidence. We are a private school serving children from infancy through twelve years of age, with plans to grow to middle school and beyond.
Join us at The Anchored School and discover a new way of learning that puts children at the center of the education experience.
What makes The Anchored School Different?
The Anchored School
- Real world skills that develop through project based learning
- Learner led classroom environments which are encouraged through guides and socratic methods of discussion
- Individualized goals based on the learners capabilities
- Success measured by grades
- Standardized tests
- Teachers that provide lecture environments to “teach” children knowledge
Our core belief system:
- Children are natural investigators who are encouraged to use language to explore and reflect on their findings. They are given respect by believing that their ideas and questions are an integral part of their learning journey. They see their questions as a opportunity to collaborate and learn together, rather than the child being given answers to their questions.
- The environment is the third teacher. Our environment inspires children through natural light, open spaces and meaningful materials that developmentally support each child throughout their daily interactions. Children and adults care for their spaces in a community way.
- Children form an understanding of who they are through interactions with others. The role of an educational guide in our environment is to listen to the questions, thoughts and ideas of a child and encourage that child to explore those thoughts in the most challenging ways.
- Children are capable of constructing their own learning. We foster independent thinkers through encouraging children to take responsibility for their actions, choices, and behaviors which creates a great sense of life long independence and confidence.
- Our hands on approach to learning combined with interactive technology and socratic guides creates an enthusiastic, supportive and challenging environment for all learners regardless of age.